Long Term Care Insurance Policy Brochures for Texas
Long Term Care Insurance Texas
Long-term care issues can be complex and confusing. With so many options, services, and settings in which care is given, many people delay learning about the issues until they are personally affected. Unfortunately, that is likely to be the time when you are under the most pressure to make a decision, and when time is too short to carefully weigh your options.
Because these long-term care issues deserve your careful attention, don’t wait until it’s too late to find out all you can about this important health care alternative. Don’t wait any longer to find out important information!
What is Long-Term Care?
Long-term care is the day-in, day-out assistance you might need if an illness or disability lasts a long time and leaves you unable to care for yourself. This may or may not include a nursing home stay. In other words, it is a continuum of services that can be provided in a variety of settings ranging from one’s own home, assisted living facility, adult day care facility or a nursing home. Long-term care covers a broad spectrum of care and services ranging from basic personal care to medical care.
Long Term Care Insurance Texas Shopping Tips
- Shop around for an insurance agent and an insurance company–ask friends, family or neighbors if they recommend their insurance agent or company.
- Ask insurance agents which insurance company’s products they sell; most agents only sell products from a few companies. Compare several different products from several different insurance companies. You might need to talk with several different agents.
- Carefully compare the benefits and restrictions between policies.
- Most LTC insurance premiums increase over time. Carefully evaluate whether premium payments over a long period could be a financial hardship.
- Never pay insurance premiums in cash; do not make checks payable to the insurance agent.
- Read your policy carefully and ask follow up questions.
- Use your 30-day “Free Look” period to return a policy for a full refund if you are not satisfied!
- Understand what a Long Term Care Partnership (LTCPP) policy is, how it differs from non-LTCPP policies, and whether it is affordable for you.
Texas Long-Term Care Partnership-qualified policies provide some benefits, features, and consumer protections that are not available with other long term care insurance Texas policies.
These additional features offer even greater protection of your financial resources, such as your home and savings. Only agents who have completed training required by the Texas Department of Insurance may sell Partnership-qualified policies. Learn more.
Dollar-for-Dollar Resource Protection
Preserve some of your financial security. This feature is only available on Partnership-qualified long-term care insurance policies.
Make sure your coverage keeps up with rising costs. Learn more.
You may be able to deduct part of your premiums from your taxes as a medical expense. Find out.
Considering retiring in another state? See if you could receive resource protection if you needed to apply for Medicaid assistance in your new home state.
The State of Texas recommends:
Searching for Rate Increase information in Texas? We have the answers you need.
For further assistance, please contact me.